Read more about in-person + virtual consults, and how I keep your family’s health and safety a priority.
TUMMYTIME!™ METHOD | 45 minutes-1 hour | 4 week series
Most parents hear that they need to put baby into “tummy time” each day, but what happens then? Does baby fuss or cry? Seem uncomfortable or spit up? Many parents stop completely if something happens, oftentimes because they don’t know what to do after that. Babies may find tummy time unpleasant due to:
- difficult (long labor, forceps/vacuum used, surgical) or fast birth
- lack of experience on tummy
- tense neck or trunk
- a strong head-turning preference/torticollis
- head molding/flattening (plagiocephaly, brachycephaly, etc)
- tethered oral tissues (tongue/lip/buccal ties)
- sensitive to movement or sounds.
Though it might seem like it’s best not to continue when things are hard, these babies are generally the ones who need it the most!
The TummyTime!™ Method is an interactive, therapeutic, evidence-informed program developed by an occupational therapist, designed to address healthy nervous system function and connection with parents/caregivers in the first months of life. This social class in a small group setting of 2-6 generally covers (but is not limited to):
- recognizing and responding to baby’s cues
- foundations of posture
- organizing movements
- fostering appropriate developmental progression
- visual development
- optimizing oral function
- sensory skills
- and more!
In this four-class series, I will demonstrate ways to make tummy time easier and more enjoyable in the precrawling period, suggest specific strategies to address your concerns, and equip you with skills for facing challenges. These sessions are wonderful for the whole family, and another caregiver is welcome to attend with you to one session or the full series.
Space is limited. Claim your spot today!
New series coming soon! One-on-one sessions available (see Consults).
Please contact me if you are interested in a virtual or in-person TummyTime!™ Method Class.
(Note: Class time listed is local to Phoenix, AZ, USA. For virtual sessions, please convert to your local time here.)
WELCOMING BABY | 3 HOURS
This fun and interactive class covers the basics of breastfeeding and milk production, newborn care, sleep strategies, and helpful babywearing and TummyTime!™ Method ideas. It’s jam-packed with information, practical tips, demonstrations, and plenty of humor in a small group setting. This class generally covers (but is not limited to):
- baby preparations
- all the things – what you really need and what you might (re)consider
- how birth affects breastfeeding
- the “golden hour” and optimizing your start
- latch and positioning
- hand expression
- involving partners and other helpers
- foundations of secure attachment
- common challenges in the first days and weeks
- where and when to finding support
- red flags – when and who you need to call
- supplementation options and methods if things don’t go as planned
- transitions – ages and stages
- sleep basics
- optimizing milk supply
- returning to work/preparing for separation
- and more!
We’ll have breaks for snacks, do demonstrations, leave plenty of time for questions, and you’ll leave with plenty of resource links. Please plan to bring your partner or other important support person.
Class coming soon!
Please contact me if you are interested in a virtual or in-person Welcoming Baby Class.